Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gerard Pille <Ge...@vdab.be> on 2005/04/05 13:26:09 UTC

Bind variables not really bind variables?

Hallo,

our developers use the following syntax:

    <esql:execute-query>
     <esql:query>
      select tk.taalcde_code as taalcode, tk.flg_moedtaal as
moedertaal,
             tk.eval_bgrp, tk.eval_lezen, tk.eval_schrij, tk.eval_sprk
     from talenkennis tk, taalcodes tc
     where tc.code = tk.taalcde_code and ikl_num_seq =
     <esql:parameter><xsp:expr>ikl_num_seq</xsp:expr></esql:parameter>
     </esql:query>
     <esql:results>
     </esql:results>
    </esql:execute-query>

In the database's (Oracle 9) sql area, I find thousands of these
statements, only differing from each other by the literal value of the
esql:parameter.  The database does not receive a query with a bind
variable, which would be more advantageous for memory and performance.

Is something wrong with this syntax or does Cocoon (v 2.1.5) not really
translate this construct into a java prepareStatement.

Thanks,

Gerard H. Pille