Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Pierre BESNARD <pb...@odaxys.fr> on 2002/03/20 10:49:34 UTC

other mean to post changes in velocity portlet

Hello,

I am a new french user of jetspeed and I'm trying to build my first velocity porlet.
I would like to know if it is possible to change a "submit button" with a simple link or an image with the same behaviour.

for the moment, I have something like :

<input type="submit" name="eventSubmit_doMethod" value="ok" />

I just would like to change that with :

thanks fou your answer.

--
Pierre

Re: other mean to post changes in velocity portlet

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
The simple answer is yes, but realize the <input type="submit">
generates a HTTP request with parameters using the method defined in the
   <form> and a URL defined in the <form>.

If the goal is to use an image for the submit button, see <input
type="image"...>

Paul Spencer

Posted by Xavier Michel <xm...@cstahiti.com>.
Salut,

If you want just execute your action (no submit the form), you cant use
the $jlink in your velocity template

ex:
href="$jlink.addPathInfo("eventSubmit_doSomething","")"

Xa.

> I am a new french user of jetspeed and I'm trying to build my first
> velocity porlet.

Welcome to the fun.

> I would like to know if it is possible to change a "submit button"
> with a simple link or an image with the same behaviour.
>
> for the moment, I have something like :
>
> <input type="submit" name="eventSubmit_doMethod" value="ok" />
>
> I just would like to change that with :

To do textual href links that submit forms, I think you will need to
use javascript - ie the link calls a javascript function and that
does a form submit.

If you want an image link, then you can use <input type="image"...

HTH,
Chris

=====
http://www.soccer2002.org.uk - join in and win CA$H!

Re: other mean to post changes in velocity portlet

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

--- Pierre BESNARD <pb...@odaxys.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a new french user of jetspeed and I'm trying to build my first
> velocity porlet.

Welcome to the fun.