Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Shawn McKinney <sm...@sbcglobal.net> on 2005/07/21 20:40:59 UTC

WSDoAllReceiver Question

Greetings,

We're running Soap transactions through Axis w/ WSS4J
WSDoAllReceiver handler enabled.  With action defined
as below:

<parameter name="action"
value="UsernameTokenSignature UsernameToken Encrypt"/>

I've had success running very simple message-style
transactions through with user creds passed via
username token.  Furthermore the username token is
signed and encrypted. (obviously)

My problem comes when I vary the Soap payload, passing
an IFX-style instead of simple xml.  In this case, the
signature validation fails on the receiving end.

However, when I vary the payload back to a simple
"hello-world" style of message, the  signature
validation succeeds.  ( same client, same service )

My question - Is the action as defined above,
digitally signing the username token only, or the
entire Soap payload?

If it is validating the username token only, why would
the signature fail when I pass bigger, more complex
xml documents through?

With the IFX Soap payload senario, when I change
action to:
<parameter name="action" value="UsernameToken
Encrypt"/>

Then transaction runs successfully.  So it seems that
this problem is limited in scope to the digital sig
processing.

Thanks,

Shawn

Re: WSDoAllReceiver Question

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@sbcglobal.net>.
Stolen from website:

http://www.ifxforum.org/ifxforum.org/index.cfm

What is IFX?
The Interactive Financial eXchange (IFX) is a mature,
well-designed XML-based, financial messaging protocol,
built by financial industry and technology leaders
incorporating decades of combined experience and best
of breed design principles.

The goal for IFX has been two fold:

   1. To use real business use cases and develop
content that is meaningful and useful to the financial
services industry.
   2. To create a strong, flexible, open architecture
that will support extending the protocol in an
efficient, interoperable manner.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.