Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Fabien D." <du...@hotmail.com> on 2008/09/29 11:52:13 UTC

HTTP PUT problem with parameters

Hi,

I'm using jmeter to test REST WebService. I have done HTTP Request with
"get" method to view data, with "post" method to insert data.These two
methods are working well.

I want to update my data with "put" method, like "post" behavior excepted
the method (post -> put). And it's not working : the parameter send is null.

I  have searched and found that there were a problem with put method for
hold jmeter version. But i have the last one : 2.3.2.

So there is something special to do for put method???

thank you in advance

Re: HTTP PUT problem with parameters

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 29/09/2008, Fabien D. <du...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I'm using jmeter to test REST WebService. I have done HTTP Request with
>  "get" method to view data, with "post" method to insert data.These two
>  methods are working well.
>
>  I want to update my data with "put" method, like "post" behavior excepted
>  the method (post -> put). And it's not working : the parameter send is null.

Are you expecting the parameters to be sent as the body of the put or
as part of the URL?
If the latter, you can add them to the path.

>  I  have searched and found that there were a problem with put method for
>  hold jmeter version. But i have the last one : 2.3.2.
>
>  So there is something special to do for put method???

PUT works OK in 2.3.2 provided you either:

* define the body as a file
* define the body as a parameter value with no name

If you define any parameters with a name in either the sampler or Http
defaults then nothing is sent.

This needs documenting or fixing for the next release ...