Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by naql <an...@harcourt.com> on 2007/10/10 17:46:40 UTC

Urgent: App server (websphere) unable to restart if queue not empty

This next issue is very serious for us and urgently needs a resolution.  I'm
sure that it's the same issue I see described here at this link:

http://ecommunity.groupintelligence.com/websphere/forums/archive/index.php/t-1027.html
http://ecommunity.groupintelligence.com/websphere/forums/archive/index.php/t-1027.html

We've commented out all of our Oracle JDBC persistence, so this just applies
to ActiveMQ-4.1.1 out of the box installed and running on the same box as
WSAD running WebSphere.  If we restart the app server, it comes up fine if
the ActiveMQ queues are empty.  If, however, there are messaging queued up,
the app server hangs.

This is the most serious issue we've encountered so far, since it means we
can't have any sort of error recovery whatsoever.  Has anybody run into
this, and can anyone please suggest something to try as a
resolution/workaround?

Thanks.

Re: Urgent: App server (websphere) unable to restart if queue not empty

Posted by Muzza <st...@amt-sybex.com>.
Hi, did you ever get past this problem ?

I raised the original post you refer to and in the end had to write my own
SimpleQ Receiver and Sender and then put that is a batch start up script so
that I did the following :

Step 1) Queue Receive from my MDB Q to a temp Q
Step 2) Start Websphere (Q count zero)
Step 3) Queue Send from temp Q back to MDB Q and it all worked again.

I provided lots of logs and information on this and never had this issue
with other Q providers such as JCAPS, MQSeries or internal JMS.

thanks,
Muzza.

Very urgent: a question about restarting

Posted by rene1 <b....@gmail.com>.

Hello eveybody
In my model, I have to do 2 step analyses. the first one (Step-1) is Riks
analysis. I have read the manual and know that I have to do the second
analysis (Step-2) through Restart analysis. I do as stated in manual,
However I can't restart. I copy the model to another one (e.g.
file1-restart) and when try to add Step-2, I see that it's not possible. I
also tried to copy input file to another file and add '*restart, read,
step=1, end step'  after *Heading and add step-2 to the copied file. But
when I import the inp file, it says that there is no part and assembly. It
would be appreciated if one can help me and tell me what I have to do.
please explain your expression in a simple way. Now I need your help, if one
knows the answer to this question, please don't hesitate.
best regards
rene