Posted to mirrors@apache.org by steven <sm...@tlps.org> on 2004/03/28 05:50:41 UTC

new mirror request

Hi,
 Requesting to be listed as a mirror.
	URL of mirror: http://mirror.tlps.org/apache
	Country where mirror resides: U.S.
	Contact email address: smorrison@tlps.org
	Update frequency: once daily, at 11 after 12am.
	Approx. bandwidth: DSL line, about 500kbps
	Followed recommended config. for mirror: yes
logo inluded as attachment.

Re: new mirror request

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 28.03.2004, at 14:11, Mirrors XMundo wrote:

> MIRRORTYPE: www/ftp

I suppose you meant http://apache.xmundo.net/, right?

Well, we already have http://apache.xmundo.com.ar/ together with
mirrors@xmundo.net and http://www.xmundo.com.ar/images/logo_100x34.jpg
listed in our database... would you like us to change it?

Cheers,
Erik

Re: new mirror request

Re: new mirror request

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
Steven,

Thanks for your contribution, but we will need to decline to list your
mirror.  A typical US Apache mirror sees over 2 gigabytes per day in
traffic.  A DSL line will not be able to sustain that.

See, for example:
http://mirrors.xtria.com/awstats/awstats.pl?config=mirrors.xtria.com

(In addition, your mirror does not answer from where I am.  But that is
irrelevant given the bandwidth issue.)

Thanks anyway.

Joshua.