Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Alexandr Orlov <ti...@oskom.ru> on 2004/11/02 14:09:54 UTC

?

Hello, Dev!

I love spamassasin, but I hate this:

I look to the log file, to the debug, soo at all, but I can`t  find
anything!
What can give  this error?
I ask about this error in users list, but...

--
Orlov Alexandr,
Head of IT, IPB Russia

Re[2]: ?

Posted by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net>.
Hello Sidney,

Tuesday, November 2, 2004, 5:48:31 AM, you wrote:

SM> Alexandr Orlov wrote:

SM> It might make a good spam sign... Does anyone here see the header
SM> in corpus mail?

No hits here at all.

Bob Menschel

Re: ?

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
tBB wrote:
> While searching for it I stumbled about the following[...]:
>
> http://news.demos.su/soft/spamprep.c

Ok, here's the URL for the software that comes from:

http://www.tffenterprises.com/cgpsa/

This is now definitely not an issue for the sa-dev mailing list. Any
further discussion should be taken back to the sa-users list, or contact
the author of the software or the admins who are running it on their
site regarding any specific problems with it.

Thank you Nico for the pointer to the source of that header.

  -- sidney

Re: ?

Posted by tBB <tb...@hideout.ath.cx>.
On 03.11.2004 at 02:48 Sidney Markowitz is rumoured to have written:

>Alexandr Orlov wrote:
>
>It does not appear anywhere within the SpamAssassin source code.
>
>Googling for that exact header showed up a number of messages with it,
>all spam. At first I thought it must be a fake header added by some
>spammers to try to fool SpamAssassin, but it always appears at the top
>of the mail, after an Envelope-To header and before the first Received
>header. I don't see how a spammer could place a header there.
>
>Check with a sysadmin for the mail server from which you receive mail to
>see if they add that header and why.
>
>It might make a good spam sign... Does anyone here see the header in
>corpus mail?

While searching for it I stumbled about the following c source which adds exactly that header:

http://news.demos.su/soft/spamprep.c

 It has obviously something to do with Communigate Pro.

Nico

- Mailto: tbb@hideout.ath.cx
- No HTML mails please

Re: ?