Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by rohit saini <mr...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/14 06:37:27 UTC

File decriptors

Hi all,

Lucene says if we use compound file format than it greatly increase the
number of file descriptors used by indexing and by searching. Can you please
tell me what does it mean. Which file are opened by during indexing and
searching. I know something but still not very clear. I have some other
issues also like:

when we search then what does lucene do? whether It loads all the index
result into the memory? In this case if I have very large index than
definitely run out of memory.
Please reply me.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit