Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erik Earle <er...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/16 19:20:23 UTC

Config Relationship between MaxWarmingSearchers and StreamingUpdateSolrServer

My application updates the master index frequently, sometimes very frequently.    Is there a good rule of thumb for configuring:

1) maxWarmingSearchers in the master
2) the SUSS thread pool size (and perhaps queue length) to match the server settings?

Re: Config Relationship between MaxWarmingSearchers and StreamingUpdateSolrServer

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Erik,

I didn't look at the source code, and I think the javadoc for SUSS doesn't mention it, but I am under the impression that the number of threads to use should roughly match the number of CPU cores on the master.  The maxWarmingSearchers should only be relevant to slaves, not masters, no?

Otis
--
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR