Posted to user@struts.apache.org by HariniKaushik <kh...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/11 14:58:24 UTC

Not able to locate the file stored using Struts 2 file upload interceptor

Hi all,

I'm trying to upload the file using file upload interceptor.
I have defined the setters and getters for
upload,uploadcontenttype,uploadfilename.
Once tats done the success page displays the path,contenttype and file name.
File path :
D:\Harini\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\work\Catalina\localhost\StartupPoint\upload_170b0f84_1212fa7dbf3__7ffe_00000000.tmp
The jsp displays the file uploaded successfuly message , content type and
file name.

But when i check inside the localhost\StartupPoint I'm unable to find that
file(or that file is not present).

Can some one help me on how to locate the file?(or change the location)
1.Is there any other method through which we can retrieve the lost file.
2.I tried to change the directory where file gets stored
(struts.multipart.saveDir= D://Filestore) But still am not able to locate
the file.
Appreciate any help

Thanks,
Harini

Re: Not able to locate the file stored using Struts 2 file upload interceptor

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
The FileUploadInterceptor doesn't really store the file for you. It
just makes it available to your action so you can process it. After
the request has finished, the file is deleted. It should all be
described here: http://struts.apache.org/2.1.6/docs/file-upload.html

Nils-H