Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2003/02/17 18:29:38 UTC

Re: closing cocoon-docs?

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le Lundi, 17 fév 2003, à 14:41 Europe/Zurich, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :

>> So what about closing cocoon-docs ? This would avoid believing some
>> mysterious entities are writing the docs for us...
>

> I'd give a reluctant +1 to this proposal.

I'd be +1 as well.

> Reluctant because I thought a separate docs list would allow more people
> to help with the docs without having to care about core development
> issues - but this has not happened, or not much.

Ok

> Actually the wiki has taken this role by allowing non-developers to make
> great contributions to the overall docs effort, so I agree that going
> back to [doc] subject lines on cocoon-dev makes sense at this point for
> docs-related stuff.

I agree.

> We shouldn't expect miracles from having cocoon-docs or not, but it
> might help at this point.

If there is no documentation team, there should not be a separate CVS
nor a separate mail list.

Also, documentation will have to go along with the blocks that contain
that code and we'll have to write a wiki that is able to generate xml
documentation.

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>