Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jan Grathwohl <ja...@kontrast.de> on 2008/06/06 16:28:55 UTC

Sending HTML email from Wicket app

Hi,

what is the preferred way to send HTML email messages from a Wicket
application? I could not find anything related to sending email in
the Javadocs, and no examples on the web.

My idea was to create a Wicket page for the content of the email,
render this page into a String, and then send the email with the
Jakarta Commons mail client. But I could not figure out how to do
that either. Is this possible, to instantiate a new WebPage object,
set the necessary fields, and then render it into a String variable
instead of writing it to the HTTP response? If yes, could somebody
tell me what I have to do?

BR and Thanks,

Jan

Re: Sending HTML email from Wicket app

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
I would check the archives.  This question has been asked/answered
many times before.

Posted by "Fabien D." <du...@hotmail.com>.
I try to do something like you, to send daily an email!!

For the moment, I have problems, but you can find more information here :
http://www.nabble.com/Generating-email-body-with-wicket-td14042459.html#a14042459