Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> on 2017/04/04 00:43:12 UTC

release of HBase 1.3.1?

Hello,
We'd like to start supporting releases of Phoenix that work with the HBase
1.3 branch, but there's a committed fix on which we rely (HBASE-17587) for
Phoenix to function correctly. Is there a time frame for an HBase 1.3.1
release?
Thanks,
James

Re: release of HBase 1.3.1?

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Getting RC0 out there shook loose a couple of things, on to RC1 and a
release soon, thanks!

Re: release of HBase 1.3.1?

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: release of HBase 1.3.1?

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Thanks Andrew!
>
> So after open jiras has been re-targeted for 1.3.2 and looking at the
> filter
> `affectedVersion in (1.3.0) AND fixVersion = 1.3.2 AND status in (Open,
> "Patch Available", Reopened, "In Progress")`
>
> there are only few issues that warrant discussion before RC0, I think.
>
>  - HBASE-17513, where Thrift-1 security settings are easy to misconfigure.
>    Currently marked critical, I don't think it's release blocker. Opinions?
> -  HBASE-17227, a backport of HBASE-17206, a stability fix for FSHLog.
> This one I think we should pull in.
>
> Everything else isn't important enough for an RC.
>
> Any opinions? Otherwise I'd cherry pick the latter one.
>
> -Mikhail
>

> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Branch 1.3 updated and tagged for RC0.
>>
>> remote: hbase git commit: Update POMs and CHANGES.txt for 1.3.1 RC0
>> To https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/hbase.git
>>    fd297e2..3a2f3aa  branch-1.3 -> branch-1.3
>>  * [new tag]         1.3.1RC0 -> 1.3.1RC0
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 10:35 PM, Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I've been planning to cut an RC for 1.3.1 for some time, apologize for
>> the
>> > delay here. I'm going to go over outstanding jiras tomorrow,
>> > I think there are still few issues waiting for backports.
>> >
>> > Andrew - appreciate your offer! I have started preparations for 1.3.1
>> > release, but any help with triaging changes, API compatibility tests
>> > and general release testing would definitely be helpful.
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> > -Mikhail
>> >
>> > On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 9:52 PM, Andrew Purtell <
>> andrew.purtell@gmail.com>

>> (HBASE-17587)
>> 1.3.1
>> > >

>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> > Michael Antonov
>> >

>> --
>> Best regards,
>>
>>    - Andy
>>
>> If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely. - Raymond
>> Teller (via Peter Watts)

> Michael Antonov

Michael Antonov

Re: release of HBase 1.3.1?

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andrew!

So after open jiras has been re-targeted for 1.3.2 and looking at the filter
`affectedVersion in (1.3.0) AND fixVersion = 1.3.2 AND status in (Open,
"Patch Available", Reopened, "In Progress")`

there are only few issues that warrant discussion before RC0, I think.

 - HBASE-17513, where Thrift-1 security settings are easy to misconfigure.
   Currently marked critical, I don't think it's release blocker. Opinions?
-  HBASE-17227, a backport of HBASE-17206, a stability fix for FSHLog. This
one I think we should pull in.

Everything else isn't important enough for an RC.

Any opinions? Otherwise I'd cherry pick the latter one.

-Mikhail

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> wrote:

> Branch 1.3 updated and tagged for RC0.
>
> remote: hbase git commit: Update POMs and CHANGES.txt for 1.3.1 RC0
> To https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/hbase.git
>    fd297e2..3a2f3aa  branch-1.3 -> branch-1.3
>  * [new tag]         1.3.1RC0 -> 1.3.1RC0
>

> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 10:35 PM, Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been planning to cut an RC for 1.3.1 for some time, apologize for
> the
> > delay here. I'm going to go over outstanding jiras tomorrow,
> > I think there are still few issues waiting for backports.
> >
> > Andrew - appreciate your offer! I have started preparations for 1.3.1
> > release, but any help with triaging changes, API compatibility tests
> > and general release testing would definitely be helpful.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > -Mikhail
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 9:52 PM, Andrew Purtell <andrew.purtell@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I'd be happy to RM 1.3.1 unless someone already has it waiting in the
> > > wings.

> > > HBase
> (HBASE-17587)
> > > for
> 1.3.1
> > >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Michael Antonov
> >

> --
> Best regards,
>
>    - Andy
>
> If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely. - Raymond
> Teller (via Peter Watts)

Michael Antonov

Re: release of HBase 1.3.1?

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Re: release of HBase 1.3.1?

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dima! That definitely would be handy.

-Mikhail

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 10:55 PM, Dima Spivak <di...@apache.org> wrote:

> I can help with running the API compatibility tooling. It's the least I can
> do since I no longer have access to the computing resources I used to rely
> upon for testing releases. Just ping me when you need a hand, Mikhail.
>
> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 10:35 PM Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been planning to cut an RC for 1.3.1 for some time, apologize for
> the
> > delay here. I'm going to go over outstanding jiras tomorrow,
> > I think there are still few issues waiting for backports.
> >
> > Andrew - appreciate your offer! I have started preparations for 1.3.1
> > release, but any help with triaging changes, API compatibility tests
> > and general release testing would definitely be helpful.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > -Mikhail
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 9:52 PM, Andrew Purtell <andrew.purtell@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I'd be happy to RM 1.3.1 unless someone already has it waiting in the
> > > wings.

> > > HBase
> (HBASE-17587)
> > > for
> 1.3.1
> > >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Michael Antonov
> >
> --
> -Dima

Michael Antonov

Re: release of HBase 1.3.1?

Posted by Dima Spivak <di...@apache.org>.

--
-Dima

Re: release of HBase 1.3.1?

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

wrote:

> I'd be happy to RM 1.3.1 unless someone already has it waiting in the
> wings.
>

> > On Apr 3, 2017, at 5:43 PM, James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > We'd like to start supporting releases of Phoenix that work with the
> HBase
> > 1.3 branch, but there's a committed fix on which we rely (HBASE-17587)
> for
> > Phoenix to function correctly. Is there a time frame for an HBase 1.3.1
> > release?
> > Thanks,
> > James

Michael Antonov