Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/30 14:03:10 UTC

[imaging] creating directory in _moved_to_git

Hello all,

In my attempt to move the contents of:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/imaging/ <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/imaging/>

to a newly created location in “_moved_to_git”

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/_moved_to_git <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/_moved_to_git>

I get an authentication error in the attempted creation of the directory “imaging” under “_moved_to_git”. I wonder if only PMC members have access to this portion of the SVN tree? This would not surprise me. Further, if that be the case could I trouble a PMC member to do the SVN move of the repository for imaging into the “_moved_to_git” location, replacing it with the requisite “ImagingNowUsesGit.txt” file?

Cheers,
-Rob

Re: [imaging] creating directory in _moved_to_git

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

> On May 30, 2017, at 4:15 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 7:03 AM, Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> In my attempt to move the contents of:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/imaging/ <
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/imaging/>
>>
>> to a newly created location in “_moved_to_git”
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/_moved_to_git <
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/_moved_to_git>
>>
>> I get an authentication error in the attempted creation of the directory
>> “imaging” under “_moved_to_git”. I wonder if only PMC members have access
>> to this portion of the SVN tree? This would not surprise me. Further, if
>> that be the case could I trouble a PMC member to do the SVN move of the
>> repository for imaging into the “_moved_to_git” location, replacing it with
>> the requisite “ImagingNowUsesGit.txt” file?
>>

> Done.

Thanks.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.