Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Thomas Kellerer <sp...@gmx.net> on 2007/02/12 17:02:13 UTC

Cannot start remote test

Hello,

I'm in the process of setting up remote (http) tests using JMeter.

My test plan runs fine on my client (Windows) machine and also runs fine
on the commandline of the server machines (CentOS).

As I want a combined report over everything I wanted to run the tests
remotely.

I started the jmeter server on each client using jmeter-server (using nohup)

Then on my Windows workstation I added each server's ip address to
jmeter.properties.

Then I started the GUI on my Windows workstation, opened my testplan and
selected Run -> Remote Start All

Nothing happened. Then I removed all but one of the IP addresses from
the remote_hosts list. Same thing (nothing happens) again.

Looking at the jmeter.log of the client (Windows workstation) I can see
an error:

2007/02/12 16:43:16 ERROR - jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine:
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested
exception is:
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:574)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:185)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:171)
	at org.apache.jmeter.engine.RemoteJMeterEngineImpl_Stub.setHost(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.run(ClientJMeterEngine.java:122)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Now, 127.0.0.1 is not in the list of my remote hosts and even if I
explicitely select one of the remote hosts I get this error message.

The message also appears when I start a JMeter server on my workstation,
so I assume that this error actually comes from the server.

There is no entry in the log file of the server I'm trying to access.
The above exception is only visible in the Client's log file.

What am I missing here?

JMeter versions are identical on client and server (I simply copied the
directory from my workstation to the servers). The only difference I can
currently see between the environments, is that I'm running 1.5.0_08 on
my Windows workstation and 1.5.0_11 on the servers

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Thomas

Re: Cannot start remote test

Posted by Bruno Cosnefroy <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

I've met similar problem.

The first thing you can try is to add in the /etc/hosts file of your
server (where jmeter-server run) it's name with it's real IP address
(not only 127.0.0.1).
It seems that when it was not configured on mine, I got the same error
than you have in the jmeter.log on the client and nothing in the
jmeter log on the server.

Bruno

Re: Cannot start remote test

Posted by Thomas Kellerer <sp...@gmx.net>.