Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paolo Santarsiero <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/09 14:53:54 UTC

Tomcat clustering: LVS or AJP ?

I created an infrastructure with two balanced servers for Apache Web Server,
and four servers at a lower level for Tomcat. The Tomcat are coupled to web
server via mod_jk and they use the Tomcat's hearthbeat clustering system. Now
my suggestion is to include all services (Apache HTTP, Tomcat, etc. ..) on
every server and balanced with LVS. Could I keep all the typical properties
of the Tomcat clustering (sticky_session, failover exclusion node, session
replication etc. ..) with LVS load balancing system? Thanks