Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Sam Glover <sa...@cloudera.com> on 2019/09/11 13:14:23 UTC

Need help on steps to copy Phoenix table from HDP 2.6 to HDP 3.1

Hi Phoenix users group,

We need help on steps to copy Phoenix table from HDP 2.6 to HDP 3.1

All replies appreciated.
--

*Sam Glover* | Solutions Architect
t. (512) 550-5363

Re: Need help on steps to copy Phoenix table from HDP 2.6 to HDP 3.1

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
I reached out to Sam in private since he's dealing non-Apache releases.

His solution was to bulk load files from the old version of Phoenix to
the new (HDP 2.6 to 3.1, respectively), but when he ran a query in the
new system, he did not see the records despite them being there in HBase.

The problem was that the column encoding feature was introduced between
these two versions, so the data was not in the correct column families
for the newer version of Phoenix. Following his same process, but
creating the table with COLUMN_ENCODED_BYTES=0, resulted in the data
being visible from Phoenix queries.