Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by David Novice <dn...@cisco.com> on 2005/02/25 15:51:28 UTC

Please help with subscribe / notify

My apologies if this went through before.

Following the thread on this list, "Subscribing for event notification",
I've attempted to create similar code that will subscribe using tomcat
server.
I get an error during the notificationListener.subscribe() call like this:

"Feb 24, 2005 12:18:31 PM org.apache.webdav.lib.NotificationListener
subscribe
SEVERE: Subscription for uri='calendars/dnovice' failed. State: 501"

Is this supposed to work? Any pointers to how to debug this for more
information?

Here's my code:

    NotificationListener nl = new NotificationListener( "localhost", 3500,
        "vpn9.cisco.com", 8080,
        Protocol.getProtocol("http"),
        creds, "/webdav",60, true ); // 60 is just in case of UDP failure.
        nl.subscribe( "Update/newmember",
        "calendars/dnovice",
        DepthSupport.DEPTH_1,
        3600,
        86400,
        new Subscriber() {
            public void notify(String uri, Map information) {
                System.out.println("Event occured : " + uri  );
            }
        },
        creds );