Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/17 16:50:49 UTC

CS 4.0.0 - vpc deployment - why tier network limited to 200mb/s ?

Hello guys,

I'm testing an preproduction environment with cs4.0.0 onto centos 5.3.

I'm testing a vpc environment.

I'm asking why does the tier networks are limited to 200mb/s (network
offering DefaultIsolatedNetworkOfferingForVpcNetworksNoLB) ?
So in xencenter, if i look at the network tab of my vpc vr vm, i got a qos
of 25600 kbytes/sec.

Is there a risk to create a different network offering with a 1000 mb/s qos
limit ? no limit ?

What if i want to recreate a multi tier environnment with a no limit of qos
with a 500 mb/s troughput, a 1000mb/s troughput ?

What do you think about vpc vr capabilities ? any deployment
recommendations ?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards, Benoit Lair.

Re: CS 4.0.0 - vpc deployment - why tier network limited to 200mb/s ?

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Alena, Thank you so much for your reply.
It is very clear and helpful for me.
I will work on vm disk throttling in the next days.

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your response Chiradeep.

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hello Chiradeep,

So with a VR running on a x5550 hexacore with not enough noisy neighboors
with a computing offering with 4 core, 4 gb ram, i can hope to run 20 vlans
with a total troughput of 2 gb max with 10 ip load balanced (each onto 3
vms) for a total amount of 3k connections (max, avg at 500 connect/s) and a

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Really depends on

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hello,