Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Sudheesh Katkam <su...@apache.org> on 2016/11/12 02:18:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.9.0 RC1

Hi all,

I would like to propose the second release candidate (RC1) of Apache Drill,
version 1.9.0. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!

+ Compared to RC0, this release candidate does not contain DRILL-4373, due
to a regression (DRILL-5034).
+ The release candidate covers a total of 73 resolved JIRAs [1].
+ The tarball artifacts are hosted at [2], and the maven artifacts are
hosted at [3].
+ This release candidate is based on commit
db3085498c2dc481f734733535c877dfffb9afea located at [4].
+ The artifacts are signed with the key at [5].

The vote ends at 6:30 PM PT, November 16th, 2016.

Here's my vote: +1

Thank you,
Sudheesh

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313820&version=12337861
[2] http://people.apache.org/~sudheesh/drill/releases/1.9.0/rc1/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedrill-1038/
[4] https://github.com/sudheeshkatkam/drill/commits/drill-1.9.0
[5] https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/sudheesh.asc

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.9.0 RC1

Posted by Sudheesh Katkam <sk...@maprtech.com>.
I agree that the issue is not a regression. So I’ll go ahead with the getting the next release candidate out today.

- Sudheesh

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.

Posted by Sudheesh Katkam <sk...@maprtech.com>.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.

Posted by Sudheesh Katkam <sk...@maprtech.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Sudheesh Katkam <sk...@maprtech.com>.
The proposal passes!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.9.0 RC1

Posted by Gautam Parai <gp...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Kunal Khatua <kk...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (non-binding)