Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by James Falksen <jf...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/07/29 03:04:58 UTC

Trying to upgrade AOO 4.1.0

[Windows Vista] I did help->check for updates. In the dialog box I clicked on Download. This sent me to
   Download Apache OpenOffice

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Download Apache OpenOfficeJoin the OpenOffice revolution, the free office productivity suite with over 125 million trusted downloads. |
|  |
| View on www.openoffi... | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

There I clicked on the

Download full installation button

It was set up for Windows English 4.1.1 and clicked the button. It went to page which included:________________________________

 Apache OpenOffice
  Your download will start shortly...   Problems with the download? Please use this  direct link, or try another  mirror.    Mirror provided by:          ________________________________
(1) It did not start shortly(2) clicking direct link did nothing(3) clicking mirror did nothing.All 3 tries it shortly ended up back at

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Download Apache OpenOfficeJoin the OpenOffice revolution, the free office productivity suite with over 125 million trusted downloads. |
|  |
| View on www.openoffi... | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Where do I go from here?   Don't understand why Netscape is shown below. I used FIrefox.

| Problem description | Exchange this text to describe the problem

(What does not work? What do you expect?) |
| Browser variables | Values |
| navigator.appCodeName  | Mozilla |
| navigator.appName  | Netscape |
| navigator.appVersion  | 5.0 (Windows) |
| navigator.platform  | Win32 |
| navigator.oscpu  | Windows NT 6.0; WOW64 |
| navigator.cpuClass  | undefined |
| navigator.product  | Gecko |
| navigator.productSub  | 20100101 |
| navigator.vendor  |

| navigator.vendorSub  |

| navigator.language  | en-US |
| navigator.browserLanguage  | undefined |
| navigator.userLanguage  | undefined |
| navigator.systemLanguage  | undefined |
| navigator.userAgent  | Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0 |
| Debian / Ubuntu / IceWeasel ? | No / No / No |
| Stable Release |   |
| JavaScript functions/variables | Values |
| Language ISO code  | en-US |
| Language ISO code (from select box)  | en-US |
| Release matrix platform position (full)  | 11 |
| Release matrix platform position (lp)  | 12 |
| Release matrix platform array data  | y,134 |
| Release matrix language array data  | en-US,English (US),English (US),y,download/index.html |
| UI platform name  | Windows (EXE) |
| UI platform name (not supported)  |

| Platform (short)  | win32 |
| URL platform name (full)  | Win_x86_install |
| URL platform name (lp)  | Win_x86_langpack |
| URL platform name (from select box)  | win32 |
| Version (from select box)  | 4.1.1 |
| File name (full)  | Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe |
| File name (lp)  | Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Win_x86_langpack_en-US.exe |
| File extension  | .exe |
| File size (full) (MByte)  | 134 |
| File size (lp) (MByte)  |  18 |
| Release info  | Milestone AOO411m6 | Build ID 9775 | SVN r1617669 | Released 2014-08-21 |
| Download file link (full)  | http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe/download |
| Download file link (lp)  | http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Win_x86_langpack_en-US.exe/download |
| Checksum file link (full) (here for MD5)  | http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe.md5 |
| Checksum file link (lp) (here for MD5)  | http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Win_x86_langpack_en-US.exe.md5 |
| Base URL to Sourceforge.net  | http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.1/binaries/ |
| Base URL to Apache Archive  | http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.1 |
| getLinkSelection() (download URL)  | undefined |
| isLanguageSupported() (true/false) ?  | true |
| Show the sub-box (true/false) ?  | true |
| General error (true/false) ?  | false |

Re: Trying to upgrade AOO 4.1.0

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
 From the values in the table there is no problem visible. All should be
fine.

When you come from the OpenOffice download webpage to the one of
Sourceforge, there you should see a short countdown of 5 seconds - in
the dark area on the top. After that is over, a download should be
offered to be saved on your harddisk.

If this not working, you can click on the link:

"Problems with the download? Please use this direct link, or try another
mirror."

Latest now you should be able to download OpenOffice.

HTH

Marcus