Posted to dev@twill.apache.org by Terence Yim <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/06 01:07:37 UTC

[DISCUSS] Removing Guava dependency from twill-api module

Hi all,

I try to address TWILL-69 (Remove guava dependency from twill-api and
twill-common modules) and would like to bring up the discussion about
having a backward incompatible change in 0.6.0 release.

Removing guava will impact TwillController and TwillRunnerService,
which both interfaces currently extends from guava Service and are in
twilll-api. Do you guys think it's ok to break backward compatibility
in 0.6.0? Or any suggestions on how to do it without break
compatibility?

Currently I have a backward incompatible change that is posted in PR
https://github.com/apache/incubator-twill/pull/32

Thanks,
Terence

Re: [DISCUSS] Removing Guava dependency from twill-api module

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
I am currently using Twill and I have no objection to a breaking API
change.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Going to miss the convenience of Guava Service definitions, but I
think this is the right thing to do for API module =)

- Henry

Posted by Terence Yim <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.