Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/16 20:34:24 UTC

Eventual release of MyFaces 1.2

Hi,

Now that we have a usable implementation of MyFaces 1.2 (not official
yet) we could start thinking on doing a release. Can we legally have a
release called MyFaces 1.2 even if we don't have the acknowledgement
from Sun that it is conformant to the TCK? Otherwise we can always
release a MyFaces 1.2 beta or milestone whatever.
Anyway, to release MyFaces 1.2 we need to release first Trinidad's
maven-faces-plugin 1.2. Could we think then too on releasing the
Trinidad artifacts, or at least, this one?
At the same time and coinciding with this release, I would adopt
Manfred's idea of having the two "trunks" as the tomcat guys do, one
for myfaces 1.1 and the other for myfaces 1.2.

Thoughts? Any limitation, legal or functional, that we must deal with
before releasing MyFaces 1.2-whatever?

Cheers,

Bruno

Re: Eventual release of MyFaces 1.2

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
A release of the Trinidad 1.2 plugins would be nice.
I am not having time to do, feel free to volunteer here.

the stuff has to be called myfaces-milestone or something like that

Please note, that the artifact (jar) should be named
"apache-myfaces-core/api-1.2-milestone1.jar"

thx

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: Eventual release of MyFaces 1.2

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
It think that needs to be addressed before.

-M

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yes, and the good news is: We just got a notification from Geir that
everything is fine and we are already allowed to officially release
the 1.2 impl.
Since I'm on vacation now I will not be able to do the release work
before Monday. But I will try everything possible and impossible to
get a release out at the end of next week.

--Manfred

--
http://www.irian.at
Your JSF powerhouse - JSF Consulting,