Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Daniel Oliveira <da...@google.com> on 2020/02/08 01:06:46 UTC

Updating releases on Github release page.

Hey beam devs,

I saw a comment on SO that our releases on github (
https://github.com/apache/beam/releases) are stuck at 2.16.0. It looks like
that's still tagged as the "Latest Release", but the newer releases are
actually present in tiny words above it: "... Show 7 newer tags".

I wanted to fix this, but I'm not sure if it's intentional, and I have no
clue how to do so and am worried about messing something up. Anyone know
how to fix it? And do we need to add that step to release instructions for
the future?

Thanks,
Daniel Oliveira

Re: Updating releases on Github release page.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
Previously, GitHub treated every tag a release (why? I don't know). I think
you can remove/edit them now. In addition to adding new ones, let's remove
the ones that are not actually voted on releases.

Kenn

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.