Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by alex shubert <al...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/19 15:15:38 UTC

DefaultDataTable, FilteredColumn and Calendar.Class

Hello!

As it always happens someday I found myself with domain entity
containing calendar field in one hand and my lovely
IColumnGenerator in other.
the probllem is that while my generator successfuly populates
List<IColumn<T>> reading @ViewColumn annotation from entityes fileds,
I do not know yet, how do I
have implement filtered column for Calendar or Date types. My first
desire was to subclass FilteredPropertyColumn but that I got trapped
by doubts.

For example
public class Book {
@ViewColumn
Calendar published;
}
Now I am reading annotation on field and checks it type. After that I
made custom Filter implementation (drop-dows, TextInput ) and render
it by myself or leave it for default rendering.

But how do I have to create field for Calendar? I cant find in source
of TextFilteredPropertyColumn any evidence it knows how to hanlde such
types. Do I miss something? Or it's ok to make filter manually
(DatePicker for example), and render it as string.

Also, may I count such manner of column populating via annotations
acceptable? Or may be I invented one more bicycle that already exists
in Wicket? If so where does he live?

Thanks in advance!
--
Best regards