Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "McDade, James (Jim)" <mc...@lucent.com> on 2000/10/05 21:48:05 UTC

newbie error using XML-SOAP with Tomcat 31.

	I have the tomcat built and running fine, and I've done:

If you run startup.sh, add the following after line 111:

	CLASSPATH=path-to-xerces/xerces.jar:${CLASSPATH}
The easiest way to set up for Tomcat is to add a <Context> to
conf/server.xml:
<Context path="/xml-soap" docBase="path-to-xml-soap/XML-SOAP-1.2/webapp"
         debug="1" reloadable="true" >
</Context>

which is all I am supposed to need to do to run SOAP on Tomcat.

But when I go to http://hostname:8080/xml-soap,
I get:
Error 503
Location: /xml-soap
The tomcat.log that seems to apply to the error follows:
Context log: path="/xml-soap" Error: Calling servlet
Wrapper(tomcat.errorPage S:org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultErrorPage)
Context log: path="/xml-soap" Error in defaultinit(), error happened at -1
wait -970774825016 : null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultServlet.init(DefaultServlet.java:92)
Context log: path="/xml-soap" Error: Calling servlet
Wrapper(tomcat.errorPage S:org.apache.comcat.servlets.DefaultErrorPage)
Help would be greatly appreciated and let me know if you need any more
information.
Slainte,
Jim