Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2009/01/05 19:07:44 UTC

Re: SCA Domain Manager & Node

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 4:52 PM, roshan joseph <ro...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  I am trying to test the distributed domain capability of Tuscany and would
> like to get some info from the user community. My component implementations
> are in Java, OSGi and bpel. So is it possible to make the
> services/components deployed in different nodes?
>
> I have checked the distributed calculator example, but here all the
> components are in Java implementation. I created two deployable composites
> with java and bpel components in one and another with the OSGi component.
> The distributed domain with the 2 nodes get started, but the service calls
> does not happen. I am not even sure whether the BPEL component is infact
> started.
>
> Any advice or comments will be really helpful. Thank you and appreciate
> your help in advance...
>
> Regards
> Roshan
>

> Hi Roshan

I certainly seems like you are trying to do the right thing. It sounds like
you have...

Domain
  Composite1
    Java component
    BPEL component
  Composite2
     OSGi component

How are you starting up the domain and the nodes in it?
Are you seeing any errors reported?

I'm putting together a similar Java/BPEL scenario so I'd be interested in
seeing what problems you are having.

Simon

Re: SCA Domain Manager & Node

Posted by roshan joseph <ro...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Simon,
 Thank you for responding so fast. I am starting my nodes and domain-manager exactly the same way the distributed calculator example starts the nodes & domain.

Domain:
            DomainManagerLauncher.main(args);
NodeA:
            NodeLauncher.main(new String[] {"http://localhost:9990/node-config/NodeA"});

NodeB:
            NodeLauncher.main(new String[] {"http://localhost:9990/node-config/NodeB"});

The service call sequence I am trying is something like this:
            Java component
è     Osgi Component
è     Bpel Component (which calls external web services in a workflow)

I start the domain and nodes and get the message in the output window as domain/node has been started (SCA Domain Manager started.).
For Node B where my OSGi component is present, it throws up an error, but still starts the node with the component not being recognized

I get the node started, but felix throws up an error (FileNotFoundException) saying that it cannot find the bundle.

Jan 6, 2009 11:45:26 AM org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.launcher.NodeLauncher main
INFO: Apache Tuscany SCA Node starting...
Jan 6, 2009 11:46:11 AM org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.launcher.NodeLauncher main
INFO: SCA Node configuration: http://localhost:9990/node-config/NodeB
Jan 6, 2009 11:46:11 AM org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl <init>
INFO: Creating node: http://localhost:9990/node-config/NodeB
Jan 6, 2009 11:47:33 AM org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl configureNode
INFO: Loading contribution: file:/D:/Prototype/hi_src/sca-prototype/trunk/java-sca-service/./src/main/resources/nodeB/

Using default configuration properties.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Prototype\hi_src\sca-prototype\trunk\java-sca-service\target\.felix\bundle1\version0.0\revision.location (The system cannot find the file specified)
      at org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.getFileInputStream(SecureAction.java:340)
      at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleArchive.getRevisionLocation(BundleArchive.java:775)
      at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleArchive.<init>(BundleArchive.java:201)
      at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleCache.initialize(BundleCache.java:371)
      at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleCache.<init>(BundleCache.java:95)
      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.<init>(Felix.java:248)
      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.<init>(Felix.java:125)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.osgi.runtime.FelixRuntime.startRuntime(FelixRuntime.java:143)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.osgi.runtime.OSGiRuntime.getRuntime(OSGiRuntime.java:135)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.osgi.runtime.OSGiRuntime.getRuntime(OSGiRuntime.java:124)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.osgi.impl.OSGiBundleReferenceModelResolver.resolveModel(OSGiBundleReferenceModelResolver.java:89)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.resolver.ExtensibleModelResolver.resolveModel(ExtensibleModelResolver.java:167)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.osgi.xml.OSGiImplementationProcessor.resolve(OSGiImplementationProcessor.java:241)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.osgi.xml.OSGiImplementationProcessor.resolve(OSGiImplementationProcessor.java:78)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.DefaultStAXArtifactProcessorExtensionPoint$LazyStAXArtifactProcessor.resolve(DefaultStAXArtifactProcessorExtensionPoint.java:384)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ExtensibleStAXArtifactProcessor.resolve(ExtensibleStAXArtifactProcessor.java:183)ERROR: org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleCache: Error creating archive. (java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Prototype\hi_src\sca-prototype\trunk\java-sca-service\target\.felix\bundle1\version0.0\revision.location (The system cannot find the file specified))

      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.BaseAssemblyProcessor.resolveImplementation(BaseAssemblyProcessor.java:304)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.CompositeProcessor.resolve(CompositeProcessor.java:1004)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.CompositeProcessor.resolve(CompositeProcessor.java:88)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.DefaultStAXArtifactProcessorExtensionPoint$LazyStAXArtifactProcessor.resolve(DefaultStAXArtifactProcessorExtensionPoint.java:384)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ExtensibleStAXArtifactProcessor.resolve(ExtensibleStAXArtifactProcessor.java:183)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.CompositeDocumentProcessor.resolve(CompositeDocumentProcessor.java:164)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.CompositeDocumentProcessor.resolve(CompositeDocumentProcessor.java:56)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ExtensibleURLArtifactProcessor.resolve(ExtensibleURLArtifactProcessor.java:106)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionServiceImpl.processResolvePhase(ContributionServiceImpl.java:530)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionServiceImpl.addContribution(ContributionServiceImpl.java:396)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionServiceImpl.contribute(ContributionServiceImpl.java:189)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl.configureNode(NodeImpl.java:507)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl.<init>(NodeImpl.java:171)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeFactoryImpl.createSCANodeFromURL(NodeFactoryImpl.java:42)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.node.launcher.NodeImplementationLauncherBootstrap.<init>(NodeImplementationLauncherBootstrap.java:94)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.launcher.NodeLauncherUtil.node(NodeLauncherUtil.java:340)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.launcher.NodeLauncher.createNode(NodeLauncher.java:60)
      at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.launcher.NodeLauncher.main(NodeLauncher.java:122)
      at node.LaunchMotionReactorNodeB.main(LaunchMotionReactorNodeB.java:21)
Jan 6, 2009 11:45:26 AM org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.launcher.NodeLauncher main
INFO: SCA Node started.
Jan 6, 2009 11:45:26 AM org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.launcher.NodeLauncher main
INFO: Press enter to shutdown.

If I check the UI in the Internet Explorer and go to the Composites tab, I see an error under components it says (Problem: Composite not found) for the NodeA, but no problem with the NodeB, my OSGi component name is visible there.

If I add everything in a single composite and start the domain without different nodes everything works fine.

I hope this helps understanding the scenario. Please let me know if you need anymore information

Regards,
Roshan