Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> on 2007/03/22 17:23:21 UTC

"Empty" maven metadata files for a plugin

Somehow, for my maven clean plugin, all of the maven metadata files
look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><metadata>
   <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
</metadata>

This has been happening quite often lately whenever I do a build
under a new linux account.  Does anyone know what causes this and
what is the cure, other than trashing that plugin section of my local
repo?

Regards,
Alan

Re: "Empty" maven metadata files for a plugin

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 22 Mar 07, at 12:23 PM 22 Mar 07, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> Somehow, for my maven clean plugin, all of the maven metadata files
> look like this:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><metadata>
>   <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>   <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
> </metadata>
>
> This has been happening quite often lately whenever I do a build
> under a new linux account.  Does anyone know what causes this and
> what is the cure, other than trashing that plugin section of my
> local repo?

It's a bug where when your network connection fails it still writes
out metadata, then the next time you run maven thinks you have valid
metadata and bombs. It's in JIRA somewhere.

jason.