Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/05 08:44:30 UTC

Re: i18n and implementation strategies

On 05/01/2011 07:17, Sabine Winkler wrote:
> hi,
>
> happy new year! I read your answer to the "I18N" question and tried to
> get it run. nice feature! may I ask some questions on this:
> 1) I would provide a short documentation how to get this run - I could
> write it as a sub-site (like "Security") at a "draft".

Since this should be part of the official documentation, it ought to go
into a DocBook.  The one I think it should live in is the "core" docbook
that I'm currently working on (in core/src/docbkx/guide/isis-core.xml or
something like).

Two options:
1. edit this file then send me a patch
2. write something up in the wiki, which I'll then copy over to
isis-core.xml.

I think that (2) is probably easier, and more immediately valuable.

> 2) There was a small bug - the "normal" way is to open a bug and
> report a fix in JIRA - correct?
Yes.  And if you have a fix, then attach the patch.

> 3) @ISIS-69 - "Get rid of some (and ideally all) of the
> FacetDecorators" - within the last days I startet to get a deeper
> understanding of the facet decorators. You gave me the hint to look at
> the TransactionXXX as an example/template for the
> Test(Scenario)Reciever. As I understand you right this should be
> better implemented with a FacetFactory (e.q.
> NamedAnnotationFacetFactory and so on). While I am not familiar with
> this - one stupid question - is there any configuration how to
> "register" an new factory?
Yeah, I detailed how to register a new factory in my reply on isis-dev;
use the facets.include property.

isis.reflector.facets.include=com.mycompany.MyNamedFacetFactory

You could also exclude the original facet factory using the
facets.exclude property:

isis.reflector.facets.exclude=org.apache.isis.core.progmodel.facets.naming.named.NamedAnnotationFacetFactory

However, I think it probably isn't necessary to do this as the custom
one explicitly included above will overwrite any facets installed by the
default one.

Cheers
Dan

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark
Could you grant Sabine access to the wiki?  Sabine isn't a committer,
but we do have precedent of letting other non-committers (eg Mike B)
being granted access, I think.

~~~
Other mentors:
Do we know if Mark is not available for any reason?  Can you chase him
too (or do the work instead)?

Thx
Dan

~~~~~~

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <sg...@gmx.at>.
Hi Mark,

any updates on the a "CWiki isis-admin role"?

Thanks in advance

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.