Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sheetal Jharia Baru <sh...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/20 18:57:48 UTC

How can we create .jmx file without using GUI ?

Hi,
I have installed Jmeter on my ubuntu machine which doesnt have UI enabled.
I know I can run jmeter on CLI but I would need to create the .jmx file for
running the shell script/command which I want to test.
Any sample .jmx fle which can run a command on shell will be helpful. I can
make appropriate changes to it as per my environment.

Thanks for the help !

Re: How can we create .jmx file without using GUI ?

Posted by John Schulz <jo...@aol.com>.
I have created many jmeter scripts using the GUI then created bash scripts to run them headless. Occasionally using sed to modify them on the fly when I couldn't get what I wanted just through parameters.

Writing a jmx file from scratch strikes me as the really hard way to go.

John

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 2 March 2016 at 19:05, Sheetal Jharia Baru <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
> I finally got UI enabled on ubuntu, created the test plan using UI and
> executed it using CLI. This worked !
>
> I am using OS Sampler to execute a shell script on my local system. This
> script in turn downloads a image from remote repository. As expected , when
> the script is run multiple times, same image is downloaded. Is there a way
> that each thread can download a different image (can image become some sort
> of variable and I can give different names to this variable for each
> thread) ?
> Any help is appreciated. Thanks !

Please start a new thread for a new problem.

Posted by Sheetal Jharia Baru <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sheetal Jharia Baru <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Friedman <ri...@redline13.com>.
Why not use the OS Sampler?

Posted by Prakash Palnati <pr...@snapwiz.com>.
Write using the tags and save with .jmx extension.
<testplan>
  <config elements>
   < controller>
      < sampler>