Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Michele Petrazzo <mi...@unipex.it> on 2006/09/14 11:06:18 UTC

SpamAssassin add

Hi list,
always, when I install spamassassin to my custumers, I create them a imap
account  (called normally spam), that has two folders, spam and no-spam, where
the users move the "not signed has spam, or signed has spam but wrong" email. On
the server, I execeute throu a crontab every hour a python script, that I made,
that pass the mail to sa-learn (with the right options, of course).
I create this script because I didn't found one on internet that do the same
work, so I'm here for ask to you if you want it, for include it on spamassassin
or add it on the wiki pages.

Bye,
Michele

Re: SpamAssassin add

Posted by Michele Petrazzo <mi...@unipex.it>.
Kenneth Porter <shiva <at> sewingwitch.com> writes:
> This is probably like the Fuzzy OCR plugin, a good thing for a 3rd party to
> support on the SA users mailing list.
>
> Does your script access the IMAP server through IMAP protocol, or does it
> directly access the underlying mail store?

Through imap. You have to set some data, like server, user, pass and the
folders and execute the script. It fetch the data on the "share" account
that all the users have.

Here is the starting script:
http://unipex.it/vario/learn_spam.py

Try to modify the line 122 with your data and execute it.

If someone like it, I'll modify it adding licence, comments, etc...

Bye,
Michele

Re: SpamAssassin add

Posted by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>.
On Thursday, September 14, 2006 9:06 AM +0000 Michele Petrazzo
<mi...@unipex.it> wrote:

> always, when I install spamassassin to my custumers, I create them a imap
> account  (called normally spam), that has two folders, spam and no-spam,
> where the users move the "not signed has spam, or signed has spam but
> wrong" email. On the server, I execeute throu a crontab every hour a
> python script, that I made, that pass the mail to sa-learn (with the
> right options, of course). I create this script because I didn't found
> one on internet that do the same work, so I'm here for ask to you if you
> want it, for include it on spamassassin or add it on the wiki pages.

This is probably like the Fuzzy OCR plugin, a good thing for a 3rd party to
support on the SA users mailing list.

Does your script access the IMAP server through IMAP protocol, or does it
directly access the underlying mail store?

I do something similar, accessing the mbox files that Dovecot uses to store
mail. My folders are Spam/FalsePositives and Spam/Uncaught. Detected spam
is filtered by procmail into Spam/SpamAssassin at delivery time. End user
interaction is to move the false positives from Spam/SpamAssassin to
Spam/FalsePositives, and spam from other folders to Spam/Uncaught.

My nightly script looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
sa-learn --spam --mbox ~/mail/Spam/Uncaught
sa-learn --ham --mbox ~/mail/Spam/FalsePositives

Re: SpamAssassin add

Posted by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>.