Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sachin Phatak <sa...@podc.com> on 2001/05/15 13:08:18 UTC

RTFM?

RTFM - I've seen this abbr. in use.
What does it stand for?

Sachin
PS.
I can see a few sniggering faces but how's a guy to know if he doen't ask?

Re: RTFM?

Posted by Gnanasekaran Thoppae <gn...@gsf.de>.
RTFM - Read The Friendly Manual!

-gnana

RE: RTFM?

Posted by Ramsay Domloge <ra...@cognality.com>.
It's a crude term used by computer nerds in frustration meaning "Read the
fucking manual".

Usually means that you have asked a question that is covered in the basic
tutorials, or which is clearly documented somewhere or has already been
covered in previous discussions.

I can see a few sniggering faces but how's a guy to know if he doen't ask?