Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Stuart, Cory G." <cs...@anl.gov> on 2007/11/19 20:30:48 UTC

[users@httpd] Manual Page

Hello all,

I enabled PHP processing of .html files by adding "AddType
application/x-httpd-php .html" to my httpd.conf file.  Now the
mysite.com/manual page comes up blank.  Any ideas?

Would someone shoot me over a link with info on how to control the
/manual page (restricting access, etc.)?  I've tried googling for that
information, but keep getting the man pages.

Thanks a ton!

Cory

RE: [users@httpd] Manual Page

Posted by "Stuart, Cory G." <cs...@anl.gov>.
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I enabled PHP processing of .html files by adding "AddType

>That's an ugly hack that was fixed in Apache 1.1 (1996).
>If you found it in some post-96 guide, treat it as a warning sign.

Do you have any other recommendations?  I don't see the need for users
browsing my pages to know what I'm running.

>> application/x-httpd-php .html" to my httpd.conf file.  Now the
>> mysite.com/manual page comes up blank.  Any ideas?

>What did you expect to see?  I expect PHP tried to process it but
>didn't generate any output.  What does the error log say?

As it turned out, short_open_tag was set to On in the php.ini.  Problem
solved.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/