Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org> on 2009/07/23 00:09:58 UTC

.action suffix - how to control it?

Hi folks,

I'm having some issues with the ".action" suffix with respect to my
integration testing.  When we are in development, we typically run our
application using the Maven Jetty plugin.  It works great for us.  In
this environment, there are no ".action" suffixes on our action
mappings.  However, when we build and deploy the application as a WAR,
it goes into a Tomcat 5 container.  In this environment, the action
mappings all have ".action" on them.  Of course, this kills our
integration tests that rely on finding things by way of the action
reference (xpath).

How can I control this so that I do not get ".action" on my URLs?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: .action suffix - how to control it?

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
Thanks for the input, guys.  It appears to work fine on my development
box.  I'm re-running my automated build/test cycle to see what happens
when it gets deployed to Tomcat.
Much appreciated!
Dave

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Uhlir <st...@seznam.cz>.
Hi David,

try to set following property
struts.action.extension=,,
in struts.properties which suppress generating of the suffix for your
actions.

Martin