Posted to axkit-dev@xml.apache.org by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org> on 2005/04/26 20:59:38 UTC

Migrating to SVN

Proposal: After we release 1.6.3, we migrate to subversion.

Apparently it's a very simple process, and I've used svn on a couple of
projects now and I'm happy with its stability and performance.

Votes please!

+1

Re: Migrating to SVN

Posted by Robin Berjon <ro...@expway.fr>.
Matt Sergeant wrote:
> Proposal: After we release 1.6.3, we migrate to subversion.
>
> Apparently it's a very simple process, and I've used svn on a couple of
> projects now and I'm happy with its stability and performance.
>
> Votes please!

+1

/me also needs to recall how to ssh there.

--
Robin Berjon
   Research Scientist

Re: Migrating to SVN

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> Yes, the ASF has asked us to make this move at some point also.

For the record - note that we -asked-; nothing more; nothing less. If this
community feels it is more productive on CVS that is fine too.

However we ultimately will more and more tie in SVN with things like
Certificates, CLA's, release tracking and other automated papertrail
elements. Which allows us, as the foundation, to better protect the IP and
iwth that the Community in this increasingly 'lega triggerhappyl' world.
And ultimately every exception becomes a liability in that prcedural
view.

However this is a proces of years - and at this point there is no great
urgency. Esp. as there are enough voluteers within the CVS using pmc's to
keep it alive.

Dw.

Re: Migrating to SVN

Posted by Tom Schindl <to...@gmx.at>.

Re: Migrating to SVN

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On 27 Apr 2005, at 10:30, Tom Schindl wrote:

> Now there would be a perfect point to move AxKit into such a
> Bug/Feature
> tracking system. Bugs could be scheduled, ... .

I've talked to Dirk about the possibility of us using Trac, which seems
to integrate lots of project management features very nicely. We'd
probably have to get that setup ourselves, but it looks pretty easy to
do.

Matt.

Re: Migrating to SVN

Posted by Tom Schindl <to...@gmx.at>.

Re: Migrating to SVN

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.

Re: Migrating to SVN

Posted by Tom Schindl <to...@gmx.at>.

Re: Migrating to SVN

Posted by Michael Nachbaur <mi...@nachbaur.com>.
On Apr 26, 2005, at 11:59 AM, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> Proposal: After we release 1.6.3, we migrate to subversion.
>
> Apparently it's a very simple process, and I've used svn on a couple
> of projects now and I'm happy with its stability and performance.
>
> Votes please!

+1

--
Michael Nachbaur <mi...@nachbaur.com>