Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by leiolay <Le...@OptimalPayments.com> on 2006/08/22 17:20:00 UTC

DeployServiceAssemblyTask Problem!!!

Hi,

I'm trying deploy a SA to a remote machine using the
DeployServiceAssemblyTask ant task. However I got the following error on the
server:

2006-08-21 11:49:23 ERROR - Error deploying service assembly
java.lang.Exception: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jbi-task xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jbi/management-message"
version="1.0">
<jbi-task-result>
<frmwk-task-result>
<frmwk-task-result-details>
<task-result-details>
<task-id>deploy</task-id>
<task-result>FAILED</task-result>
<message-type>ERROR</message-type>
<task-status-msg>
<msg-loc-info>
<loc-token/>
<loc-message>Unable to unpack archive:
c:\opt\sfc\kronos-engine\local\kronos-engine-sa.zip</loc-message>
</msg-loc-info>
</task-status-msg>
<exception-info>
<nesting-level>1</nesting-level>
<loc-token/>
<loc-message>java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol:
c</loc-message>
<stack-trace><![CDATA[javax.jbi.management.DeploymentException:
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: c
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.unpackLocation(AutoDeploymentService.java:442)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.DeploymentService.deploy(DeploymentService.java:181)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AdminCommandsService.deployServiceAssembly(AdminCommandsService.java:175)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.invokeMethod(MethodUtils.java:216)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.management.BaseStandardMBean.invoke(BaseStandardMBean.java:315)
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.DynamicMetaDataImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MetaDataImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$100(Unknown
Source)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(Unknown
Source)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: c
        at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.unpackLocation(AutoDeploymentService.java:435)
        ... 28 more
]]></stack-trace>
</exception-info>
</task-result-details>
</frmwk-task-result-details>
</frmwk-task-result>
</jbi-task-result>
</jbi-task>

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.ManagementSupport.failure(ManagementSupport.java:120)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.ManagementSupport.failure(ManagementSupport.java:110)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.DeploymentService.deploy(DeploymentService.java:183)
[...]
2006-08-21 11:56:38 ERROR - Error deploying service assembly
[...]

It seems that the remote machine thinks the file is on its own file system.
Is there a way to deploy a file remotely like the ant tasks offered by
tomcat? I was looking at the source code for this task. It doesn't seem to
support it.

Lei
Sent from the ServiceMix - Dev forum at Nabble.com.

Re: DeployServiceAssemblyTask Problem!!!

Posted by leiolay <Le...@OptimalPayments.com>.
I'm kinda in a shock to realize that the ant task doesn't support remote
deployment. To me, the JBI ant tasks are useless. If both build and deploy
are on the same machine, I could just write an ant task simply to copy the
file to deploy directory to achieve the same thing.

As matter of fact, remote deployment using ant is the only deployment
approach for our production J2EE application running on Weblogic and tomcat.
This way build machine doesn't have to be the same as the server machine.

Is there a plan to enhance the ant tasks in the future?

Lei

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Oh, I understand now.

Posted by leiolay <Le...@OptimalPayments.com>.