Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jim May <ji...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/30 15:54:02 UTC

Problem with ViewAccessScoped in MyFaces CODI 1.0.1

Hello,

I recently downloaded the codi library and added it to my JSF application
that is running on Glassfish 3.1.1. I am having problems where the method of
a bean is not recognized when I invoke an action. The error message I get is
that the property is null. I don't understand why it's looking for a
property when the method is specified for the action. I am using PrimeFaces
components and I have already filed the issue at the PrimeFaces forum. Still
no resolution.

For more details of my issue please go here:
http://forum.primefaces.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15234

Not sure if this is a bug with the latest version of glassfish and it's
libraries. I am hoping that someone has already come across this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

--
James May
Software Engineer / Architect

Re: Problem with ViewAccessScoped in MyFaces CODI 1.0.1

Posted by Jim May <ji...@gmail.com>.
nevermind. I got it. I had to remove the asterix from the google url
shortener.

Posted by Jim May <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi james,

Posted by Jim May <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi james,

Posted by Jim May <ji...@gmail.com>.
Gerhard,

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi james,

Posted by Jim May <ji...@gmail.com>.
I am using glassfish 3.1.1. I also have partial state save enabled. I am
going to make that false to see if it improves things. What is the best /
stable application server and frameworks for jsf? Tomcat and open web beans?
Tired of messing with this foolishness. Btw-  using () in the expression
will call the method ---- unfortunately during bean creation as well.
On Oct 1, 2011 4:59 AM, "Mark Struberg" <st...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Guess this has nothing to do with CDI nor CODI but simple with EL ;)
> I saw you used

actionListener="#{dataForm.save}"/>

> but your method has not the right signature.
> Please try to add a () to your save call
actionListener="#{dataForm.save()}"/>

> If you have EL-2.2 then this should do the trick.
>
> Btw, which version of Crashfish do you use?
> There are some utterly broken glassfish versions out there and you can
find _tons_ of critical bug reports for it.
> Please try the latest nightly build form the dev line.
>
> And how does your library structure of your WAR look like? In some older
Weld versions there's a known bug that you need to unpack all your jars into
WEB-INF/classes and merge all beans.xml manually to get it working. We have
some tips for Glassfish users on our CODI wiki as well [1].

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi!