Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com> on 2018/04/04 06:55:27 UTC

[debugger] Minutes from meeting #2

Hi folks,

    let me again share with you the outcome of yesterday's meeting of
Java Debugger tribe on #netcat-debugger channel on Slack.

    In the beginning we synced-up on our testing progress. Since Dumitru
was not sure what exactly he was required to do in Synergy we clarified
how official testing works and when a test case can be marked as Failed
(together with Blocker or Critical bug). When hesitating about correct
priority it's good to consult bug priority guidelines [1] page.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Bug+Priority+Guidelines

    Although Dumitru's test assignments are at 0% at the moment he
assured us that he would be able to finish both specifications before
4/12. Sven is at 50%, Jiri at 90% and William at 55% and everyone
confirmed that completion of test assignments by 4/12 is doable. We are
testing on JDK 8 and Dumitru with William will use JDK 10 for their
second assignments. So far nobody is aware of any blocking issue.

    Later we went through the list of known debugger bugs and we will
try to investigate these. Sven will look at #46, William at #421,
Dumitru at #271 and Jiri at #455 and #256. We will attempt to reproduce
these and consider their potential to become blockers.

    Finally, we agreed that we would meet again on Monday - 4/9 to
discuss any last minute issues before 9.0 test run is closed.

Guys, please correct me if I forgot or twisted something.

Thanks a lot,
-Jirka