Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2022/01/07 01:08:07 UTC

Draft Solr 9.0 release notes (help needed)

Hi,

I created https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/DRAFT+Release+Notes+9.0 to start drafting the release highlights.

The list of changes from "Major changes in 9" from RefGuide is long, and the list from CHANGES is even longer. We need to:

1. Focus on the biggest, most important changes
2. Formulate short, meaningful sentences, summarizing changes within key topics. No JIRA numbers.
3. Keep it fairly short, max 15-25 bullet points in total?

If anyone feels a special calling to drive the release note editing effort, I'd be grateful, as I can focus on the rest of the RM job.

Jan

Re: Draft Solr 9.0 release notes (help needed)

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
👍

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 1:48 AM Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> wrote:

> Much appreciated Anshum.
> This may tie in with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15898
> too, but no obligation :)
>
> Jan
>
> 7. jan. 2022 kl. 04:16 skrev Anshum Gupta <an...@apache.org>:
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> Thanks for doing most of the heavy lifting. I can help out with this.
>
> -Anshum
>
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 5:08 PM Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I created
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/DRAFT+Release+Notes+9.0
>> to start drafting the release highlights.
>>
>> The list of changes from "Major changes in 9" from RefGuide is long, and
>> the list from CHANGES is even longer. We need to:
>>
>> 1. Focus on the biggest, most important changes
>> 2. Formulate short, meaningful sentences, summarizing changes within key
>> topics. No JIRA numbers.
>> 3. Keep it fairly short, max 15-25 bullet points in total?
>>
>> If anyone feels a special calling to drive the release note editing
>> effort, I'd be grateful, as I can focus on the rest of the RM job.
>>
>> Jan

Anshum Gupta

Re: Draft Solr 9.0 release notes (help needed)

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Much appreciated Anshum.

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Jan,