Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Darian Shimy <DS...@24hourfit.com> on 2003/04/22 20:09:44 UTC

Connection Pool exceeding MaxActive limit

We are having a problem where the number of connections to the Oracle
database is exceeding the limit set in maxActive.  We are using Tomcat
4.1.12 with jdk 1.3.1.

Server.xml:
<Resource name="jdbc/applicationDS" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

<ResourceParams name="jdbc/applicationDS">
 <parameter>
    <name>factory</name>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>driverClassName</name>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>url</name>
    <value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@server:1522:sid</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>username</name>
    <value>username</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>password</name>
    <value>password</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>maxActive</name>
    <value>20</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>maxIdle</name>
    <value>3</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>maxWait</name>
    <value>-1</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>validationQuery</name>
    <value>select count(1) from dual</value>
  </parameter>
</ResourceParams>

Re: Connection Pool exceeding MaxActive limit

Posted by "Andre E. Bar'yudin" <ba...@pob.huji.ac.il>.
It's not clear what was your question.  If mean that it shouldn't happen, then
maybe you forgot to call close() on some of your connections after being through
with them?

Regards,

Andre.