Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jipu Jiang <j....@nesc.gla.ac.uk> on 2010/02/23 13:15:20 UTC

unsubscribe

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Rafael Barrera Oro <bo...@gmail.com>.
It as disturbing as it is annoying...

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Unfortunately for all of us, it seems there actually are that many "dorks" on
this list. :S

Sigh.

Someone yesterday likely had it right - people probably had the old list
filtered to a mailbox, and forgot they were on it.  Once the list name
changes happened due to the new Top Level Project, they started receiving
these mails in their inboxes again.

Hopefully this will all calm down soon and we'll be left with a more focused
and functional community in any case. :)

Thanks,
--G

Posted by Mauro Molinari <ma...@cardinis.com>.
Il 24/02/2010 14.45, Tony Thompson ha scritto:
> I unsubscribed properly as a test and I didn't see my email come through
> the list (but I was the one unsubscribing).

The problem is that people are *not* unsubscribing properly: they simply
think that it is sufficient to reply with "unsubribe" in the subject...
they even don't care to look at the footer of any e-mail sent to the
mailing list...

--
Mauro Molinari
Software Designer & Developer

Posted by Amiri Arash OSF sIT <Ar...@s-itsolutions.at>.

i cant believe that there are so many "dorks" on this list...

I'm really curious. I feel like I've missed something.

On 23 February 2010 17:08, David Hesson <dh...@rjlg.com> wrote:

> Is this a serious question?  Because if it is, it's the funniest email i've
> seen come across this mailing list.

> On 23 February 2010 16:32, giris <sr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> This is the age of automation, and some people just don't get that fact nor
> understand netiquette. Could the system filter out messages containing the
> word 'Unsubscribe' in the subject line, and simply not blast it out to all?
> Once it can do that, a further improvement could be for it to change the
> destination email address  for everyone who wants to unsubscribe. Does
> anyone have time for such stuff?

Henrique Ordine

Posted by Henrique Ordine <ho...@gmail.com>.
I'm really curious. I feel like I've missed something.

On 23 February 2010 17:08, David Hesson <dh...@rjlg.com> wrote:

> Is this a serious question?  Because if it is, it's the funniest email i've
> seen come across this mailing list.

> On 23 February 2010 16:32, giris <sr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> This is the age of automation, and some people just don't get that fact nor
> understand netiquette. Could the system filter out messages containing the
> word 'Unsubscribe' in the subject line, and simply not blast it out to all?
> Once it can do that, a further improvement could be for it to change the
> destination email address  for everyone who wants to unsubscribe. Does
> anyone have time for such stuff?

Henrique Ordine

Posted by Jonathan Roberts <jr...@rjlg.com>.
It's probably because they just changed the from address on the mails
and broke everyone's filters.  Why was the email address changed anyway?

Posted by Andreas Fritzler <an...@googlemail.com>.
LOL

Posted by Mallik Soupati <ma...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe