Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Je...@alcatel.fr on 2005/03/17 14:42:42 UTC

Some large imports hang

Hello,

I have deployed subversion 1.1.1 on an apache serveur using webdav and
LDAP authentication.
Users use tortoiseSVN to manage projects.
Sometimes on imports on directories containing a lot of files
tortoiseSVN or subversion/apache (i don't know exactly) hangs (freeze).

I'm not able to find the problem.

The only thing i see is that apache server stop with :

PROPPATCH
/svn/OAS/!svn/wrk/7529f3e3-b88d-ad4e-8a04-bed2eb9f7a1e/trunk/.../file.jpg
HTTP/1.1" 207 524 "-" "SVN/1.1.3 (r12730) neon/0.24.7"

Thanks a lot for you help.

Re: Some large imports hang

Posted by Je...@alcatel.fr.
Ok, i solved the problem by updating my BerkeleyDB from 4.1 to 4.3.
And of course recompile apache to link against the new DB libs.

Thanks.

Re: Some large imports hang

Posted by Je...@alcatel.fr.
After looking a bit more, it seems that two threads httpd are locked
simultaneously on the same lock file (db.lock)
The two httpd process are stopped on a futex().

http use prefork compiled in module and is configured to handle 1500
request max per child.

But, i just can imagine that subversion has problem to work with
multi-processing module of apache.

Sincerely

Jean-Marc