Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/21 06:54:11 UTC

HBaseConAsia2018 successfully held

Dear all,

As chairman of the conference, I'm glad to announce the success of
HBaseConAsia2018 (Aug. 17th, Beijing, China). There were totally 494
attendees at scene and 14796 views from live broadcast. Shared are part of
the pictures and more coming, slides and videos will be uploaded later
(will use another thread for notification when it's ready).
 HBaseConAsia2018_Pictures
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eGuNI029a78s_BdH37VsSr4uOalyLi5O>
Please also allow me to express my great thanks to all PC members (both
community PC and Alibaba local PC). We wouldn't have made it without your
help!

Just let us know if you have any suggestions about the conference, and
let's expect the next year!

Best Regards,
Yu

Re: HBaseConAsia2018 successfully held

Posted by Water Guo <wa...@antsdb.com>.
Hi,

I’d like to share my experience. The conference was a huge success. There are lots of people attended the meeting. My guess is 500+, but could be more. Location is very good, 3 minutes walk from the subway. It was held at a very nice hotel. There are spacey hallway, cafeteria and restaurant in the same building. It is very comfortable for people who share common interest to chat in private. Every step of the meeting was sharply on time. There are three tracks - core, ecosystem and application. I like how the tracks are divided. Organizer did a very good job making all this happen. Kudos to the folks from Alibaba, as well as the volunteers from the other companies. It is not easy. There are tons of hard work behind the scene I bet.

But the audience need to improve tho. They need ask more questions. :)

water

Re: HBaseConAsia2018 successfully held

Posted by Misty Linville <mi...@apache.org>.
Congratulations to you and all involved in organizing this successful
event, Yu Li! Thank you for your leadership.

It would be great if any attendees on these lists would to share their
experiences from event. It's awesome to see the growth of the HBase
community in Asia.

Misty

Posted by Misty Linville <mi...@apache.org>.