Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Spam Administrator <sp...@sil.org> on 2007/06/22 22:16:38 UTC

Processor Load for spamassassin 3.2.0 or 3.2.1

When we ran 3.1.8 our mail server processors reported average 25%
activity.  But after upgrading spamassassin to 3.2.0 and then 3.2.1, the
servers were running nearly 100% of capacity and folks are complaining
about mail delays. The volume of incoming mail is about constant. We've
backed off to 3.1.9.

Are others seeing a similar increase in processing time for the new version?

When I ran 200 pieces of known spam through spamassassin -- batch mode
from the command line on a test machine, I note that 3.1.9 takes about
29 minutes to process the mail, whereas 3.2.1 takes 44 minutes to
process the same batch.  That would account for a 1/3rd increase in
processing time, but not a fourfold increase.

Dan

--
Dan Zachary

RE: Processor Load for spamassassin 3.2.0 or 3.2.1

Posted by Leonardo Magallon <lm...@itsinc.com>.
Remove the blacklist.cf from the box, run spamassassin --lint and restart
qmail.   That's what did it for me.