Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Danny Hurlburt <da...@realgo.com> on 2007/06/14 19:18:47 UTC

Javadoc Plugin Not Processing package.html Correctly

Hello,

I am having a problem with the javadoc plugin converting my package.html to
package-summary.html. When it finds a package.html, the plugin simply put
the word "and" in for the package description.

Has anyone else had the same problem and was able to fix this?

Can anyone offer any incite to this problem?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks - Dan

Re: Javadoc Plugin Not Processing package.html Correctly

Posted by Danny Hurlburt <da...@realgo.com>.
Yes I did. I used the documentation at
http://java.sun.com/j2se/javadoc/writingdoccomments/index.html#packagecomments
My package.html file is a full blown validating HTML transitional
document. I do realize that only the contents of the body tag is to be
extract and put in package-summary.html during JavaDoc processing.

However, for some strange reason, where the contents of my <body> should
be in package-summary.html appears the word "and".

More details:

    My javadoc plugin declaration:

        <reporting>
            <plugins>
                <plugin>
                    <configuration>
                        <source>1.5</source>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>

    maven-javadoc-plugin version: 2.2

    Maven version: 2.0.6

    package.html location: src/main/javadoc/<java package
    hierarchy>/package.html where <java package hierarchy> depends on
    what java package I am documenting.

    Java Version: 1.5.0_11

If I put the package.html file in src/main/java/<java package
hierarchy>/package.html I don't even get that weird "and".

I too searched the mailing lists, and Jira and found nothing of use. Let
me know if you find any thing.

Thanks - Dan

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.