Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com> on 2013/04/02 09:01:43 UTC

Master broken

Heya all,

Master branch appears to be broken. Is anybody working on this?

The failed tests are:
>>> org.apache.cloudstack.networkoffering.CreateNetworkOfferingTest.createSharedNtwkOffWithNoVlan
>>> org.apache.cloudstack.networkoffering.CreateNetworkOfferingTest.createSharedNtwkOffWithoutSpecifyIpRanges
>>> org.apache.cloudstack.networkoffering.CreateNetworkOfferingTest.createIsolatedNtwkOffWithSpecifyIpRangesAndSourceNat
>>> org.apache.cloudstack.networkoffering.CreateNetworkOfferingTest.createSharedNtwkOffWithVlan
>>> org.apache.cloudstack.networkoffering.CreateNetworkOfferingTest.createSharedNtwkOffWithSpecifyIpRanges
>>> org.apache.cloudstack.networkoffering.CreateNetworkOfferingTest.createIsolatedNtwkOffWithNoVlan
>>> org.apache.cloudstack.networkoffering.CreateNetworkOfferingTest.createIsolatedNtwkOffWithVlan
>>> org.apache.cloudstack.networkoffering.CreateNetworkOfferingTest.createIsolatedNtwkOffWithSpecifyIpRangesAndNoSourceNat

It appears to have something to do with the CreateNetworkOfferingTest trying to use the database (which is never there during test runs)

I'm looking at it, but if somebody else is doing that as well we might pool resources.

Cheers,

Hugo

Re: Master broken

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.

On 4/12/13 9:35 AM, "Koushik Das" <ko...@citrix.com> wrote:

>There is already one
>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Unit+Testing+101
>and also
>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Unit+Testing+with+J
>Unit+and+Spring
>Also you can look at the some of the existing unit tests.

Yes, I know alex wrote one, still need some finalization procedures to
reduce mistakes like we have encountered in this thread. I'll go through
the existing test cases we have and update this document accordingly.

-Kelven

RE: Master broken

Posted by Koushik Das <ko...@citrix.com>.

RE: Master broken

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.

Re: Master broken

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Re: Master broken

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.
These issues are caused by that some of components are not really mocked,
instead, they are loaded directly main source.

One of the benefits from Spring is that it integrates with Mokito nicely,
all we need is to probably have a base test configuration that returns all
mocked DAOs or other common components and then have all unit test purely
written against mocked components.

We need to finalize the way to write Java unit test so that everyone can
follow to reduce the frequency/prevent these from happening. I'll find
some time to update the Unit-test guideline document in wiki, cleanup
things in this area and re-enable all unit tests in the build.

Kelven

RE: Master broken

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com>.

Re: Master broken

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

RE: Master broken

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com>.

Re: Master broken

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Re: Master broken

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com>.

Sent from my iPhone

On 5 apr. 2013, at 23:21, "Alex Huang" <Al...@citrix.com> wrote:

>> That will be hard to do since the checkin test requires the DB to be present as
>> it starts up the server and sets-up the databases. We'd have to turn it off for
>> the build and turn it back on again for the bvt. Best if we avoid doing -
>> DskipTests when building as a general good rule.
>
> I don't think -DskipTests is the problem.  The problem is actually people who are running the unit tests have db on their laptops so if they have unit tests that require DB will run on their laptop but fails on Jenkins, which doesn't have a db.

We could make a small unit test that would fail if a database is detected. Would that help?

Re: Master broken

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <Pr...@citrix.com>.

RE: Master broken

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.