Posted to user@curator.apache.org by Ryan Gardner <ry...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/28 18:44:59 UTC

Thoughts on adding JMX support to the the leadership selector?

I've set up something internally where I expose some of the
LeadershipSelector methods via jmx so that I can easily tell a node to
relinquish leadership or check the hasLeadership attribute to verify that
has the leadership status.

I don't think it would be very hard to create a patch for the
LeadershipSelector (and LeadershipLatch) to expose those things as mbeans
directly.

Has anyone considered doing this before?

Exposing the ability to see values for current leader / state  and to
perform an "interrupt leadership" or "requeue" or "shutdown" the
LeadershipSelector are very convenient.

I can write up and submit a patch (with tests etc) implementing this if
there is any interest.

Ryan

Re: Thoughts on adding JMX support to the the leadership selector?

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
It’s a nice idea. If done, I’d like to see it as a kind of plugin that any recipe could take advantage of.

-Jordan