Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/07 13:06:42 UTC

[VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.1.0 (RC0) is available

The first release candidate for Apache HBase 2.0.0 is available for
downloading and testing.

Artifacts are available here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.1.0RC0/

Notice that due to HBASE-19735, now we have a
hbase-2.1.0-client-bin.tar.gz, which contains a reduced set of dependencies
for client. The compatibility report is also there.

Maven artifacts are available in the staging repository at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1224

All artifacts are signed with my signing key 9AD2AE49, which is also in the
project KEYS file at

http://www.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS

These artifacts were tagged 2.1.0RC0 at hash
dd34297087181e42a4df5ca6f456a2dce04b7ddb

There are 239 issues resolved since 2.0.0. Some new features are:

1. Procedure v2 based replication peer modification. The advantage here is
that all the replication peer modification will be synchronous, which means
after the you come back from the call, you can make sure that all the
region servers have loaded the changes. Please see HBASE-19397 for more
details.
2. Serial Replication. Now in replication we can make sure the order of
pushing logs is same as the order of requests from client. Please see
HBASE-20046 and HBASE-9465 for more details.

For other important changes:
1. The minimum hadoop version has been changed to 2.7.1.
2. We have successfully done a rolling upgrade from 1.4.3 to 2.1.0 which
shows that rolling upgrade from 1.x to 2.x is possible. Notice that this is
only a experimental feature, as there are likely uncovered corner cases in
our limited test. See
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#upgrade2.0.rolling.upgrades for more
details.

For all the changes, please see the CHANGES.md and RELEASENOTES.md.

Please take a few minutes to verify the release and vote on releasing it:

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache HBase 2.1.0
[ ] +0 No opinion

The vote will last for one week.

Thanks to the myriad who have helped out with this release,
Your 2.1.0 Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.1.0 (RC0) is available

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Due to HBASE-20862 we need a new RC to address the compatibility issue.

Will push out RC1 soon after HBASE-20862 has been resolved.

Thanks.