Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/16 12:56:30 UTC

Releasing Maven enforcer plugin

An user is asking for a release of the enforcer plugin

https://github.com/apache/maven-enforcer/pull/36#issuecomment-447238729

I can prepare the release

Thoughts?
Enrico
--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: suggestion regarding MJAVADOC-564 - javadoc:fix enforcing order of tags

Posted by Richard Sand <rs...@idfconnect.com>.
Comparator will help order the tags but we still want to preserve the order of found tags we aren’t fixing, such as if we aren’t fixing “see” tags and want to honor the original order of the existing see tags.

I’ll give it a shot

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Re: Releasing Maven enforcer plugin

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
need to see what to do with still opened issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MENFORCER/versions/12330768

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Sylwester Lachiewicz <sl...@gmail.com>.
We have a few PRs on Github from community, maybe we can try to review and
include also?

+1 for release

BR
Sylwester

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Just know that as long as MENFORCER-267 is not fixed, it must be a
milestone.

thanks,
Robert

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MENFORCER-267

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Enrico,

On 22.02.19 22:17, Enrico Olivelli wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I am scanning the list of open JIRAs,
> there are a bunch of 'In progress' JIRA, most of them are assigned to Karl
>
> Jenkins builds are broken since we have added JDK12
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.7.0:compile
> (default-compile) on project enforcer-api: Compilation failure:
> Compilation failure:
> [ERROR] Source option 6 is no longer supported. Use 7 or later.
> [ERROR] Target option 6 is no longer supported. Use 7 or later.
>
> I would like to cut a release, so this is my proposal:
> 1) Switch to at least Java 7 in order to support jdk12 at build time
> 2) Check "in progress" JIRAs
> 3) Release with the '-M3' suffix

I've fixed some of those issues...

* [MENFORCER-328] - Lift JDK Minimum to 7
* [MENFORCER-306] - [REGRESSION] RequirePluginVersions fails

I would think MENFORCER-288 might be a good candidate?

WDYT ?

And of course check the things which are "in progress"

I will try to work on MENFORCER-267 in the next days...

But I think -M3 is just fine...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

> thoughs ?
>
> Enrico
>

> Il giorno ven 18 gen 2019 alle ore 10:58 Gabriel Belingueres
> <be...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>
>> Will move it.
>> Meanwhile, +1 for another milestone release of enforcer.
>>
>> El jue., 17 de ene. de 2019 14:43, Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>
>> escribió:
>>
>>> Hi Gabriel,
>>>
>>> I think you missed the message that this code doesn't belong to
>>> m-dependency-tree, but to m-artifact-transfer.
>>> Would be great if you could move the code.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Robert

>>> (and

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Karl-Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl-Heinz Marbaise        USt.IdNr: DE191347579
Hauptstrasse 177
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: Releasing Maven enforcer plugin

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
3 * +1

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 at 07:17, Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I am scanning the list of open JIRAs,
> there are a bunch of 'In progress' JIRA, most of them are assigned to Karl
>
> Jenkins builds are broken since we have added JDK12
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.7.0:compile
> (default-compile) on project enforcer-api: Compilation failure:
> Compilation failure:
> [ERROR] Source option 6 is no longer supported. Use 7 or later.
> [ERROR] Target option 6 is no longer supported. Use 7 or later.
>
> I would like to cut a release, so this is my proposal:
> 1) Switch to at least Java 7 in order to support jdk12 at build time
> 2) Check "in progress" JIRAs
> 3) Release with the '-M3' suffix
>
> thoughs ?
>
> Enrico
>

> Il giorno ven 18 gen 2019 alle ore 10:58 Gabriel Belingueres
> <be...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> >
> > Will move it.
> > Meanwhile, +1 for another milestone release of enforcer.
> >
> > El jue., 17 de ene. de 2019 14:43, Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>
> > escribió:
> >
> > > Hi Gabriel,
> > >
> > > I think you missed the message that this code doesn't belong to
> > > m-dependency-tree, but to m-artifact-transfer.
> > > Would be great if you could move the code.
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > Robert

> which
> > > (and

> tibordigana@apache.org>

> eolivelli@gmail.com>

> https://github.com/apache/maven-enforcer/pull/36#issuecomment-447238729

Olivier Lamy

Re: Releasing Maven enforcer plugin

Posted by Gabriel Belingueres <be...@gmail.com>.
+1 all 3 points.

Regards,
Gabriel

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks,

Posted by Gabriel Belingueres <be...@gmail.com>.
Will move it.

Re: Migrating code from m-dependency-tree to m-artifact-transfer (was: Releasing Maven enforcer plugin)

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Can you add an exclusion of maven-dependency-tree to the
extra-enforcer-rules dependency?

thanks,
Robert

Posted by Gabriel Belingueres <be...@gmail.com>.
[...]

Testing in other projects, I found the offending issue is the dependeny to

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi Gabriel,

Posted by Gabriel Belingueres <be...@gmail.com>.
I've made progress with the m-dependency-tree [1] shared library which
should help unblock some issues in enforcer. It needs review though (and a

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.