Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2006/12/01 13:01:15 UTC

Re: My Credit rateing does TOO matter

Guys -- vague hints as to the contents of the mail really don't help.

It's spam -- we're all getting thousands of spams a day, most of us (ok, I
for one at least) seem to be finding those going into the spam bins
without our help, and I'd say it's unlikely that many of us (ok, me
again ;) are going to go rooting through the trash there looking for
something that seems to match what you're hinting at.

Why not just post a spample, or a link to one?

--j.

Posted by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net>.
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 09:15:35 -0500, "Joe Zitnik" <JZ...@hfcc.net>
wrote:

>> Guys -- vague hints as to the contents of the mail really don't help.
>

>> It's spam -- we're all getting thousands of spams a day, most of us
>(ok, I
>> for one at least) seem to be finding those going into the spam bins
>> without our help, and I'd say it's unlikely that many of us (ok, me
>> again ;) are going to go rooting through the trash there looking for
>> something that seems to match what you're hinting at.
>>
>> Why not just post a spample, or a link to one?
>>
>> --j.

>wrote:
>spam
>>> and I
>>>
>>> Oh, no, I didn't mean to suggest it was in the subject.
>>>
>>> Its usually some random subject.  Then a paragraph starting with
>"your
>>> credit
>>> rating doesn't matter to us" with the usual misspellings, etc,
>followed
>>> by
>>> (usually) a geocities link and some random text at the end.
>>>
>>> --
>>> _____________________________________
>>> John Andersen
>>>

>>> I was wondering the same thing.  Even given the random text, I
>would
>>> think between the default rules, and the fact that I've dumped a
>bunch
>>> in to bayes, that the spammy content would be enough to nail them
>for
>>> sure.  I'm still seeing a significant number skate by.
>

>It wasn't really a vague hint, or rather, if you're receiving them, you
>know exactly the spam he's talking about.  I wasn't asking for a
>solution, I was just commenting on the fact that, like John, I was
>surprised these spams would make it through.  At least that's why I
>didn't post the contents or a link to the contents.

I'm glad you didn't or I'd have missed the thread. I have a content
filter running for those. I got sick and tired of checking hundreds
daily during my fp checks. Now I just root them at the MTA.

Prior to that SA was catching them though. Perhaps you are missing a
key rule or update?

Nigel

Re: My Credit rateing does TOO matter

Posted by Joe Zitnik <JZ...@hfcc.net>.